Name: Renat Bekkin
Date and place of birth: 7.21. 1978 (Friday 15 Sha`baan 1398 A.H.); St-Petersburg (Russia)
1. Ph.D. in Law (2003). (Title of Ph.D. dissertation: "Insurance in Islamic Law: Theory and Practice").
2. Master of Laws (2000). Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University), Russia.
3. B.A. in International Law (1999). Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University), Russia.
1. Arabic (fluent)
2. English (fluent)
3. Chinese (good).
1. Lecturer in ‘Dialogue between Civilizations’. Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University), Moscow, Russia, 2004.
2. Lecturer in ‘Islamic Insurance (Takaful)’. School of Insurance Business, Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University), Moscow, Russia, 2003.
3. Lecturer in ‘Islamic Law of Transactions’. Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University), Moscow, Russia, 2001-2002.
4. Lecturer in ‘Russian Civil Law’. Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University), Moscow, Russia, 2001-2002.
5. Lecturer in ‘Islamic Law’. Institute of Oriental Studies, St-Petersburg, Russia, 2000-2001.
Editorial and advisory positions:
1. Member of the Editorial Board, Journal "Problems of Modern Economy", St-Petersburg, since 2002.
2. Editor of the Students Scientific Journal of Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University), "Islam: Politics, Economics, Law and Culture", Moscow, 1999.
Area of specialization:
1. Legal aspects of Islamic Insurance (Takaful).
Specific Fields of Interest:
1. Islamic Law in non-Muslim countries
2. Islamic Finance.
3. Takaful and Re-takaful.
4. Islamic Economics.
5. Islamic Law of Banking, Securities and Finance.
6. Islamic Law of Business Transaction.
7. Philosophy of Islamic Law.
1. Program of Research Grants in Islamic Economics of Al-Rajhi Islamic Banking Corp. Title of grant paper: "Islamic Insurance: National Features and Legal Regulation", September 2002 - June 2004.
2. Mardjani Foundation Grant in Islamic Research, January - November 2007.
Papers for conferences:
1. Islamic Economic Model in Muslim and Non-Muslim Societies. Moscow, 24 November 2004. Paper title: "Islamic Economic Model in Muslim and Non-Muslim Societies".
2. 1-st Saudi International Takaful Forum under the aegis of Islamic Development Bank and Al-Jazeera Bank. Jeddah, 21-22 September 2004. Paper title: "Prospects of Realization of Islamic Insurance Model in Russia".
3. Islamic Financial Relations and Future Trends of Islamic Economy in Russian Ummah. The 6-th all-Russian Seminar of Russian Islamic Leaders (Muftis). Moscow, 9-11 June 2003. Paper title: "Main Features of Islamic Insurance"
4. Islamskaya ekonomicheskaya model: perspektivy realizatii v musulmanskom i nemusulmanskom soobschestvah (Islamic Economic Model in Muslim and Non-Muslim Societies), Moscow: Shans Publishing House, 2004.
5. Islamic Economy and Its Role in International Economic Relations, in Security for Africa: Internal and External Aspects, Moscow, 2005, P. 127.
6. Islamskoe bankovskoe delo v Rossii: ot rassveta do zakata (Islamic banking in Russia: from Down till Decline, in Russia and Modern World: Problems of Political Development. III International scientific conference. Moscow, April, 12-13, 2007, Moscow, 2007, Part. 2, P. 112-119.
in 2004 also took part in the research seminar Islam and Law in Russia organized by Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology of Russian Academy of Sciences.