|Renat I. Bekkin
* Born: Leningrad (St. Petersburg) July 21, 1978 (Friday 15 Sha`baan 1398 A.H.).
* 1985-1995: Studying at a secondary school in St. Petersburg (with a specialization in Chinese and English languages).
* 1995-2000: A student of the Moscow State University of International Relations (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation), International Law department.
* June 1999: B.A. in International Law with a minor in Foreign Languages.
* June 2000: A specialist degree in International Law with a minor in Foreign Languages.
* April 2000-July 2002: A domestic lawyer in the Association of Lawyers and Journalists (St. Petersburg).
* June 2000-March 2002: An advocate of St. Petersburg United Bar Association.
* March 2003: Ph.D in Law; Dissertation title: "Insurance in Islamic Law: Theory and Practice".
* 2003: A lecturer in the Moscow State University of International Relations (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation).
* October 2004: Director of Islamic Insurance Division, "Itil" Insurance Company.
* March 2007: Senior Research Fellow, Institute for African Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences.
* December 2007: Editor-in-Chief, "Chyotky" Literary Magazine, Moscow, Russia.
* December 2008: Shariah Advisor, "Rennaisance Insurance", Moscow, Russia.
* December 2009: D. Sc. in Economics; Dissertation title: "Islamic Financial Institutions and Instruments in Muslim and non-Muslim Countries".
* February 2010: Editor-in-Chief; "Mardjani Publishing House", Moscow, Russia.
* March 2010: Member of Shariah Advisory Board; "Halal Insurance Takaful", Almaty, Kazakhstan.